Answers to Frequent Questions
- Plant and seed orders are shipped separately, and shipping costs are applied separately.
- New orders are not combined with previous orders. If you place more than one order, they will ship separately.
- Prairie Nursery is an online retail nursery – we don't arrange order pick-ups at the Nursery.
- We ship to destinations within the contiguous United States, only.
- Seed order pick-up has been discontinued due to Covid-19 precautions.
- Read our Guarantee and our policies for refund/return.
Plant Shipping Costs
Plants are shipped primarily via Fed Ex and Spee Dee.
|Plant Total Amount||Shipping cost||Destination|
|$0 - $50.00||$9.95||U.S. contiguous states only|
|$50.01 +||15% of plant cost||U.S. contiguous states only|
Seed Shipping Costs
Seed is shipped throughout the year by various carriers.
|Seed Total Amount||U.S. contiguous states only|
|$0 - $100||$9.95|
|$101 - $200||10%|
|$201 - $500||7%|
|$501 - $1000||5%|
|$1001 - $5000||4%|
During the checkout process, you will be guided to choose a shipping week for your plants (sorry, but we cannot arrange an exact date). Your shipping week selection will be included in the Order Confirmation which is sent to your email. Our "plant shipping periods" occur twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall:
Plant Shipping Schedule
|Spring - Plants|
|Shipping Begins||April 11, 2022|
|Last Day to Order||May 20, 2022|
|Fall - Plants|
|Shipping Begins||Sept. 12, 2022|
|Last Day to Order||Oct. 2, 2022|
Seed Shipping Schedule
Seed orders are shipped year-round. Your seed order will ship within a week of your order being placed.
More About Shipping
We do our best to make sure your plants arrive in good condition, see how your plants are shipped in our Resources and Guides section.